My game isn’t starting / is crashing / behaves strangely
Try one or more of the following steps:
- Verify your local files through Steam.
- Uninstall the game through Steam, delete the IOSoccer folder (e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IOSoccer), and re-install.
- Make sure your drivers are up-to-date and you have the latest Windows updates.
I have problems with alt-tabbing
If you use Windows 10 turn off the new focus assist (Windows key -> Configuration () -> System -> Focus Assist -> When I’m playing a game -> Off).
How can I use borderless windowed mode (aka windowed fullscreen)?
-noborder -window as launch parameters.
What other launch parameters are there?
Many (but not all) of the parameters listed here should work.
I have a low framerate
Changing the console variable
2 should give you an FPS boost.
Warning: Your game will most likely crash when using this setting and alt-tabbing while in fullscreen mode.
Using (borderless) windowed mode can fix this issues. Alternatively change the variable back to
-1 whenever you need to alt-tab.
My resolution isn’t in the drop-down list
Make sure you set the correct aspect ratio in the list below it.
If it still doesn’t show up you can use the launch parameters
-width x -height y.
- The game can’t load non-ASCII player names from the config (SDK 2007 engine limitations)
- The server often crashes when restarting the match after final whistle
- The server hangs when changing maps sometimes
- Replays aren’t smooth and show players twitching